Friday 14 January 2011

Dusting off the cobwebs

Leading up to the festive period I seem to have been fairly tide down to my work, so I’m well overdue a blog post. On that note, may I wish a Happy New Year to all and I hope it’s kicked off to a good start!

I’ve certainly hit the ground running this year and social media, or as it’s increasingly known - SMO, is high on the agenda. I recently sat down with digital agency Base One to discuss strategy and planning ahead for 2011. As an in-house marketer I feel it’s always important to get an external view/opinion from an agency professional simply to see if you’re on the right track.

Working within the same organisation for even a few months can change your perception of the brand, its products and services from what the public might see. Don’t take it as criticism, but an intelligent marketer will always seek out others opinion and feedback.

I find it to be a fascinating exercise and always helps stir up some interesting ideas of how to re-energise your existing social media strategy, including activity on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. You’ll usually find that the simplest changes can make the biggest difference in helping engage customers with your social content.

No comments: